Umbraco can be used for simple as well as the most complex websites. More than 85000 websites are built on this platform around the world. It is known to be a serious platform used for some big organizations. The biggest drawback of this website is the way it is designed is it makes it impossible to edit the content on the website.
- Expert is needed: This platform is mostly used by the experienced developers who can customize the website; one has to hire a professional for creating the website because of its complexity.
- Not Easy: To get the full advantage of the platform, a long training is needed even for high skilled developer.
- No Plugins: There are no pluggins available to expand its functionality and if it required it can only be done with the help of the developers.
- Bugs: Sometimes templates get duplicated in the database and missing libraries are biggest problem faced while creating a website.
- Performance Issue: Websites built on this platform are very slow, they are not that speedy.
On the other hand there are thousands of websites built on WordPress, it is the most well known platform as there are many advantages:-
- Simple Environment: Word Press is very easy for both the common man and the expert.
- Scalable: It works just fine no matter what size your website is.
- Customizable: It can be easily customized as there is no coding required.
- Security: Your website will be regularly maintained and upgraded. There is secured code maintained by group of developers.
- Plugins: There are thousands of free themes and plugins available in WordPress which makes it cost effective.
With this difference one could decide that Word Press is the perfect platform for any web business. Migrating from Umbraco to Word Press can be done by following few steps.
- By downloading the plugin to your computer.
- By clicking the matching buttons the plugin will be installed & activated.
- Registration your CMS2CMS account.
- Connecting Umbraco by giving its URL address.
- Use the demo version and begin with the full migration.
There are post migration points that need to be followed as well.
- New design should be set up
- SEO should be taken care of
- Necessary plugins should be activated